Want to Sing?
There are many ways to contribute to our organization including as a singer, dancer, or behind-the-scenes volunteer. (Auditions for our nationally acclaimed Chamber Chorale are not being accepted at this time.)
Our holiday concert will begin rehearsals on September 12 at 7 pm with weekly Monday evening rehearsals at the same time. All rehearsals will be held at University Christian Church.
- 16-32 measures of a prepared solo that you enjoy singing. You must either bring a performance track on a mobile device or a link to an online track. We will provide speakers. Sorry, but no unaccompanied or a cappella auditions are permitted. Part of your audition is determining how well you sing in tune to an accompaniment. We do not provide an accompanist, so please do not bring sheet music. (15 points)
- A check of your vocal range, from high notes to low notes, to determine your vocal placement.
- A check to see how accurately you can sing a note played for you on the piano. (10 points)
- A check to see how accurately you can sing back a short combination of notes and rhythms played on the piano. (10 points)
- A short six-question “match the music symbol to its name” quiz to check your knowledge of basic music notation symbols. (6 points)
- A simple four to eight-measure sight-reading exercise. (10 points)
We are planning to return to our regular rehearsal schedule this fall: rehearsals will be on Monday evenings from 7 to 10 p.m. at the University Christian Church in Hillcrest. Free parking is available across the street at the Hillcrest DMV parking lot.
Dues are $75 for each four-month concert period for singing members. There are no dues for non-singing members. Singers are responsible for purchasing their own attire, including a tuxedo. Other expenses may include out of town events such as retreats, joint concerts, and festivals. Limited financial assistance is available, so please don’t let finances keep you from singing. Singers who receive financial assistance will qualify based on tenure and their willingness to pay back their financial assistance by volunteering to help with other tasks during the concert preparation period.
If you prefer to volunteer behind the scenes, please consider joining our Operations Team. No audition is required, and we are welcoming Operations team volunteers for our holiday concert. This is a great way to get introduced to the Chorus and be a part of the Chorus family! You may volunteer at any time during the year by contacting the Chorus Office at +1 (619) 432-2244. The Operations Team is vital to the success of the Chorus and helps during rehearsals, events and concert production.
You may complete an audition form, but please note that we will not get back to you until such a time when auditions are scheduled again. You may be asked to complete a form again at that time.